Lux Research, Inc is looking for an Account Executive who will be responsible for selling research products and consulting services to Fortune 2000 companies. In this role, you will work with C-level executives (business and technology leaders) in the Chemicals, Materials, Industrial, Energy & Utility, Automotive, Life Sciences and Electronics industries. This is an individual contributor position with no direct-reports or management responsibilities.
The Account Executive uses a consultative sales approach, meeting with “those closest to the business” within organizations to understand their highest priority initiatives and to clearly articulate to C-level executives how Lux Research insights can drive bettor outcomes from their decision-making processes.
- Target and sell to senior management (Director, VP, C-level) in R&D; Business Development; Corporate Venturing; and/or Strategy and M&A.
- Maintain an appropriate and accurate sales pipeline of adequate size to ensure quarterly quota achievement. Maintain pipeline information in the Lux CRM system (SalesForce).
- Develop a complete understanding of the full suite of Lux Research intelligence and consulting offerings.
- Identify our client’s business and technology issues and demonstrate Lux Research’s value. Develop client strategies that position Lux Research as a strategic resource.
- Communicate professionally to both internal and external audiences. Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external audiences as well.
- Develop a territory plan to prioritize time investment across prospects growing and managing an active pipeline of new use cases.
- Work collaboratively with a virtual team including Business Development Reps, Customer Success Managers, Research Associates, Research Analysts and Consultants.
- 4+ years of technology/software sales experience preferred.
- Sold multi-year contracts in Enterprise space.
- Exceeding current quota and solution selling.
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding and provide examples of how you have managed a sales pipeline efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to ask the questions relevant to that prospect to uncover needs and qualify opportunities.
- Experience actively managing and cultivating a sales pipeline, including multiple opportunities at various stages.
- Ability to identify and address the prospects needs and/or connect the prospect with the appropriate resource to meet their needs.
- Technical acumen: can learn to demonstrate a moderately technical product to prospects.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Ability to sell to customers both over the phone and in-person.
- 3+ years of successful selling experience with a proven track record of new client acquisition.
- Driven by activity and results; wants individual performance tied to compensation rewards.
- Experience in intangible sales (professional or information services).
- Proven experience in solutions selling; new business development, achieving target and managing personal sales strategies.
- True “Hunter-style” sales characteristics, motivated by winning new business deals.
- Ability to articulate trends, challenges, and issues to C-level executives.
- Successful phone skills to secure appointments within the industry. Consultative selling style a must; formal training in Miller-Heiman Complex Sales, or similar level sales training a definite plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, entrepreneurial environment.
- A BA/BS Degree is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without current or future work visa sponsorship.
More About Lux:
Lux Research is a leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux uniquely combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.
Analysis you trust. Opinions you rely on. Make better decisions, faster. For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.