Research Associate, Consulting
Lux Research is actively looking for smart; scientifically minded individuals who are looking to explore employment opportunities outside of a lab or engineering setting! This position is a great opportunity for recent graduates looking to use their sciences or engineering education in a business setting by working on consulting projects in an advisory services firm.
The Research Associate role is an entry-level position on the Lux Research Consulting team. This role will be based in our Amsterdam, The Netherlands office.
Research Associates learn and perform a variety of skill sets including; researching technologies and markets, analyzing companies, constructing landscapes of innovation in emerging technologies, assessing market opportunities for new technologies, and conducting technical interviews with executives in order to help our clients make better decisions about R&D investments, partnerships, and technology strategy.
A Research Associate spends significant time identifying and analyzing technologies and companies, patents, scientific publications, assessing potential technology impact, and interviewing technology executives, in order to aggregate and associate data for pattern analysis and developing structured datasets and create presentable and logical summaries and conclusions.
Given the highly technical focus of our work and our clients' work, a degree in the sciences and/or engineering fields is required. Chemical or Bio-Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics and Material Sciences degrees highly preferred.
We are specifically seeking a Research Associate for our Consulting practice, so you must enjoy and thrive in an intense, dead-line driven, multi-tasking, problem solving environment with diverse personalities across a geographically dispersed team.
- Conduct primary and extensive secondary research on emerging technology topics drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press articles, scientific publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
- Create data containers and frameworks for the collection and ranking of technologies and companies
- Analyze, rank, and prioritize technologies and companies along logic-driven rulesets
- Execute interviews and briefings with senior executives at innovative companies as well as leaders of cutting-edge university and government labs.
- Contribute to technical and executive level MS Powerpoint deliverables and presentations.
- We are seeking to fill this role immediately so we are looking for candidates currently available for full-time work in Amsterdam.
- Any prior work experience in a technical/analytical setting is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; exhibits logical thought, communication, planning, and action in accomplishing multi-step tasks
- Likes and enjoys multitasking and working on multiple subject areas Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Deep intellectual curiosity and desire to learn about emerging technologies and their impact.
- Very strong communication skills along with the ability and desire to cross collaborate
- Willingness to do what it takes to meet client needs in a fast paced, client oriented and deadline driven environment. Having an entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work is essential to success.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly about business and technical topics.
- Excellent written and spoken command over English. Foreign language skills can be helpful.
- Excellent office software skills
Other Important Qualifying Information:
- We are seeking candidates local to Amsterdam. There is no relocation assistance for this position and we are looking to fill the position immediately.
- Applicants must be able to legally work in The Netherlands without company visa sponsorship.
- This is an entry-level position which is not appropriate for Ph.D.'s or post-docs.