About Lux Research Inc
Lux Research is a leading global provider of deep-tech research and consultancy solutions, helping clients drive growth through emerging technology innovation. Our proprietary intelligence platform leverages advanced analytics and data science, to help our customers surface the true leading indicators from which to grow their business and investment strategies. Lux Research offers best in class primary research, data analysis, and market insights to support more informed decision-making for future success.
The Business Development Representative at Lux Research works to identify new customer targets and drive new logo acquisition. In this role you will actively prospect (research potential new opportunity leads; cold call; etc.), qualify sales leads and set meetings for the Account Executive(s). This position plays an important role in positioning Lux Research as a trusted advisor that can solve technology business issues.
This is an individual contributor position with no direct reports/management responsibilities.
- Build relationships with prospects through demonstration of in-depth client knowledge, understanding of specific client needs/priorities and application of surface-level research solutions.
- Prospect, source, cold call for new business opportunities.
- Educate prospects on the benefits of Lux Research products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition.
- Create customized territory targeting activities to build pipeline of sufficient size and quality to achieve new logo acquisition targets.
- Collaborate with Account Executives and Marketing team members and support new client acquisition campaigns.
- Maintain an appropriate and accurate pipeline of activity to ensure quarterly targets are met. Maintain activity and pipeline information in the Lux Research CRM system.
- Evaluate prospects business needs and present appropriate mix of Lux Research products.
- Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in sales cycle.
- Collaborate with management team to design and implement new processes and workflows.
- Demonstrated success as a business development representative is critical. Experience in enterprise SaaS, information, or professional services sales is desirable.
- 3+ years of experience in a lead development role.
- Strong ability to cold call, build new business pipelines.
- Ability to build credibility quickly to get past gate-keepers.
- Ability to communicate with, influence, and convince C-level executives.
- Ability to meet personal and team monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals.
- Ability to diagnose prospect needs and identify relevant internal resources.
- Strong cognitive skills; ability to think on your feet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, entrepreneurial environment.
More About Lux:
Analysis you trust. Opinions you rely on. Make better decisions, faster. For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.