Lux Research is a rapidly growing organization providing strategic advice and on-going intelligence for emerging technologies. Leaders in business, finance, and government rely on us to help them make informed strategic decisions. Through our unique research approach focused on primary research and extensive global network, we deliver insight, connections, and competitive advantage to our clients.
Our team is comprised of high-energy, positive and smart people driven to engage with senior executives on some of the most important issues they face. We are seeking candidates who love and are successful at acquiring new business accounts to grow personal and company revenues.
- Create customized account plans for each institution, outlining service delivery & onboarding and renewal processes to ensure the highest levels of engagement and service.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients through demonstration of in-depth client knowledge, understanding of specific client needs/priorities and application of suface-level research solutions.
- Navigate Lux Research client offerings on behalf of the institutions to ensure we are meeting client expectations in content delivery and inquiry response.
- Educate on and highlight the benefits of Lux Research products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition.
- Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in renewals cycle, including teleconferences, product demonstrations, and analyst interactions, etc.
- Identify new sales growth opportunities within client base and client base organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated sales success.
- Servicing and selling research & consulting services to an installed base is a major plus.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Ability to identify and close new sales opportunities within installed base (ability to hunt within your own accounts).
- Ability to communicate with, influence, and convince C-level executives.
- Deep affinity with and intellectual curiosity about the impact of emerging technology on organizations of all kinds.
- Ability to learn research substance quickly; be content focused.
- Ability to meet personal and team renewal and sales growth goals - monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Ability to diagnose client needs and identify relevant resources.
- Willingness to make a difference.
- Effective organization and time management skills. Ability to execute on plans and manage administrative client details (timely onboarding procedure; account reviews; utilization reports; renewal preparation, etc.) is critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Business fluency in a foreign language is highly desirable.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, entrepreneurial environment. Having worked at a start-up and a Fortune 500 company is a major plus.
- A good sense of humor is desired.
Please note that this role resides on-site in our Boston office. Local candidates only please.
About Lux Research
Lux Research is a leading provider of intelligence services, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make better, informed decisions today to ensure future success. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux is uniquely positioned with technical expertise in addition to business insights, augmented by advanced analytics.
Analysis you trust. Opinions you rely on. Make better decisions, faster. For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.