Lux Research seeks an experienced, curious, and ambitious innovation strategy consultant to join our growing team.
Lux Consultants conduct research and analyze technology, physical sciences, and markets to provide product, go-to-market, and partner selection recommendations custom-tailored to our client’s specific objectives. Our intellectual property and expertise span energy sciences, materials and manufacturing sciences, and agrifood sciences as applied in various industries worldwide.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the successful applicant to contribute to a global, dynamic consulting team and lead small engagement teams on fascinating client challenges at the cutting edge of innovation. In addition to being a core contributor on client projects, our consultants tap into the power of Lux Research’s tools and methodologies and our research analysts to bring the best insights Lux has to bear on the client’s question or challenge.
Consultants play a significant role at Lux, helping their team retain and grow existing clients, develop new clients, work alongside and guide subject matter experts, help execute tactical and strategic plans, and build a valuable personal brand and career!
Lux consulting positions are remote based. We have openings for consultants in our Energy, Materials, and Manufacturing, and CPG/Agrifood sciences groups.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Owns and independently executes complex projects, including program and project management. Our projects help clients make innovation and go-to-market strategy decisions. The most common project types are as follows:
- technology landscapes
- market opportunity assessments
- market forecasts
- technology roadmaps
- techno-economic due diligence
- Interfaces with other consultants, internal subject matter experts, and customer success managers to bring value to our clients via hands-on and customized research on technology and markets.
- Demonstrates own subject matter expertise pursues independent research activities, and directs/coaches younger team members.
- Project owner for technology landscapes, market opportunity assessments, market forecasts, technology roadmaps, techno-economic due diligence, and other types of innovation strategy work.
- Project leader from end-to-end:
- Writes the proposal (including all scoping calls once the opportunity is qualified and approved to scope)
- Manages and executes the project in a 3-4 person team, involving data analysis, conducting primary and secondary research with executives, researchers, and thought leaders, coordinating internal brainstorms and working sessions, building frameworks, assessing market impact, building interim and final deliverables, and being the main point of client contact.
- Project manages the project (writes the project plan, creates the timeline, keeps the team on schedule, guides research and analysis, and brings a team together to form implications and recommendations for the client.)
- Leads the final deliverable presentation to the client.
- Responsible for the gross profitability of the project.
- Secures and supervises internal SME resources (via group director) for the duration of the project.
- Develops a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies and with clientele.
- Builds relationships with C-suite of Innovation 1000 corporations
- Helps develop Group-level strategy in collaboration with Managing Director and Group Director.
- Approximately 10-20% of travel.
- Must have a passion for technology and science.
- Masters degree or higher in science or engineering discipline.
- 5+ years prior consulting experience required, ideally in energy, materials, or agrifood sciences.
- Demonstrated team contribution and leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English.
- Amazing time, project, and team management skills; ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen, analytical thinking skills, dedicated work ethic, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, problem-solve, adapt, and learn are all required.
- Thrives in a team environment and truly mines the Lux networks and collective IP to put forth the best possible solutions for our clients.
- Curiosity is essential.
- Language skills in Japanese, Korean, German, Spanish, or French are a plus.
About Lux Research:
Lux Research is a leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux uniquely combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.
For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law. Lux Research participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.