Global food production must increase by 70% to feed the anticipated 10 billion population in 2050, as well as mitigate factors including climate change, decreasing arable land, and increasing urbanization. However, choosing the right technologies from crop genome editing to precision agriculture to biopesticides is challenging, not to mention actually turning them into successful businesses. Lux Research is seeking candidates to research the future of agriculture to help clients grow their businesses and understand their technology decisions. Clients include multi-national food and food ingredient, agricultural materials, and diversified industrial companies in addition to investor, academic, and government groups.
Analysts spend their time speaking with innovative technology developers and clients, attending and speaking at conferences, and analyzing their findings to help clients make informed decisions. An Agricultural Innovation analyst will be exposed to a wide range of technologies including crop modification and genetics, digital/precision agriculture, biopesticides and novel crop protectants, vertical farming, soil health and microbiome, and crop nutrition to develop research like technology roadmaps, market sizes, and supply chain dynamics.
The Analyst in this role will:
- Be recognized as leading experts on the progress and impact of agricultural innovations including genomics, digital ag, pesticides, and others.
- Bring and further build an exceptional network of contacts active in emerging agricultural innovations.
- Be skilled at visualizing the impact and assessing the market potential of innovative new technologies and business models.
- Be well-versed in crafting corporate strategy for managing emerging technologies and their implications.
- Grasp the impact of policy, subsidies, and other regulatory factors on technology adoption and impact.
- Develop new concepts, big ideas, and analytical frameworks to help clients and colleagues understand the shifting agriculture landscape and the business opportunities it creates.
- Manage and work with a team of expert research team members to develop and test research hypotheses and prepare findings for clients.
- Coach, mentor, and manage research team members; assisting with team members’ professional development.
- Edit and quality control written research reports, including creative visual depictions of data and ideas.
- Present research finding and strategic insights onsite at clients and at leading industry events.
- Manage client deliverables and interactions.
- Help develop and launch new client service offerings as appropriate.
- Develop a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies.
- Conduct primary interviews for written research reports, including developing and executing sets of interviews with senior-level executives at large corporations, technology start-ups, and other organizations.
- Conduct secondary research drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press, academic publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
- Technical experience in one or more of the following: biochemistry, animal science, horticulture, microbiology, soil and crop science, agricultural engineering, or chemistry.
- A strong record of academic achievement. Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, biology or similar is required. Advanced degrees in these disciplines are preferred.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, post start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work. Ability to motivate and coach others to superior performance levels.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Excellent office software skills and ability to touch type.
About Lux Research
Lux Research is a leading provider of intelligence services, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make better, informed decisions today to ensure future success. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux is uniquely positioned with technical expertise in addition to business insights, augmented by advanced analytics.
Analysis you trust. Opinions you rely on. Make better decisions, faster. For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.