The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organizations mission and talent strategy.
This role will be reporting directly to the CFO.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to Human Resources.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- 7+ years of human resource management experience required.
- Prior experience with managing international offices and employees.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner.
- Experience with ADP is a plus.
- Proficient with office software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Works independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proven planning and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
About Lux Research:
Lux Research is a leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux uniquely combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.
For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law. Lux Research participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.