Lux Research is seeking a qualified new business sales representative to help us secure new business relationships and drive new logo acquisition in Japan. Sales Specialists will actively prospect (research potential new opportunity leads; cold call; etc.) to uncover target clients and position Lux Research as a trusted advisor that can help solve complex technology business issues.
If you love convincing tough prospects to listen to what you have to say and buy from you – this is a great opportunity! We are seeking true “hunter”-style sales people who enjoy “the win”.
Bilingual fluency in Japanese and English is required. English is the working language at Lux Research.
- Build relationships with prospects through demonstration of in-depth client knowledge, understanding of specific client needs/priorities and application of research solutions.
- Prospect, source, cold call for new business opportunities.
- Educate prospects on the benefits of Lux Research products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition.
- Present Lux Research product offerings to prospects, ensuring the appropriate product is provided to meet the prospects’ needs.
- Create customized territory targeting activities to build pipeline of sufficient size and quality to achieve new logo acquisition targets.
- Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in sales cycle and the correct buyer level (decision-maker).
- Japanese/English bilingual fluency is a requirement.
- 5+ years demonstrated sales success. Selling professional services or information services is necessary. Experience selling research & consulting services is a major advantage.
- Intangible sales (B2B) experience is essential. No channel sales.
- Strong ability to cold call, build new business pipelines.
- Ability to build credibility quickly to get past gate-keepers.
- Ability to communicate with, influence, and convince C-level executives.
- Ability to learn substance of research quickly.
- Ability to meet personal and team monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals.
- Ability to diagnose prospect needs and identify relevant resources.
- Comfort working in a start-up like environment; comfort working in a small office required.
- Able to problem solve quickly; ability to think on your feet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in Japanese and English.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be able to work in Japan without work sponsorship.
Lux Research is a leading provider of intelligence services, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make better, informed decisions today to ensure future success. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux is uniquely positioned with technical expertise in addition to business insights, augmented by advanced analytics.
Analysis you trust. Opinions you rely on. Make better decisions, faster. For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.