Lux Research is seeking an experienced technology consultant to join our growing team as a Senior Consultant. The Lux consulting team conducts technical research and provides technology strategy expertise to our clients regarding new and emerging technologies impacting the energy, chemical, advanced materials, and life sciences industries across the globe.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the successful applicant to contribute to a global and fast-paced dynamic consulting team; and operate as an integral member and leader of typically 3-4 person engagement teams. In addition to being a core contributor on client projects, our members of our consulting team have numerous opportunities to develop and gain expertise in Lux Research’s tools and methodology, and develop and enhance key subject matter expertise. Some travel is required for this position, but it is significantly less than at a “traditional” consulting firm as we typically do not work at the client site.
Senior Consultants play a significant role at Lux, helping to retain and grow existing clients, develop new clients, develop junior team members’ skills, help execute team tactical and strategic plans, and otherwise contribute to the success of the company in a variety of ways.
- Position is located in Boston, MA.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to support consulting engagements.
- Assess and analyze relevant technologies and market impact.
- Create forecasts and technology fit and feasibility analysis, and develop roadmap strategy.
- Research activities include conducting primary interviews with executives, researchers, and thought leaders; chasing down data points; analyzing quantitative data; aggregating and analyzing diverse data sets, building models, devising creative ways to present data and ideas visually; and helping to support a rapidly-growing, geographically-dispersed team.
- Senior consultants are expected to take on significant client-facing responsibilities and pursue larger scale opportunities commensurate with experience and personal growth.
- Demonstration of subject matter expertise, project leadership, pursuing independent research activities, reporting into the Vice President, and directing/coaching consultants and research associates is a strong expectation.
- Approximately 10-20% travel
Specific responsibilities include:
- Write engagement winning proposals across multiple technology domains for our clients
- Support team and individual bookings and revenue quota
- Lead engagement teams and function as a role model and mentor for junior colleagues
- Function as subject matter expert in relevant engagements. Manage client deliverables and interactions for projects across all Lux domain coverage areas and markets.
- Work within a global team and report to Regional Managing Consultant to develop and execute regional and global plans for consulting growth at Lux
- Help develop ideas and launch of new client service offerings as opportunities permit
- Develop a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies and with clientele
- English fluency (oral and written) is required. Other language fluency (Asian and European) skills are highly prized.
- B.S. degree and 5-7 years experience or advanced degree in the physical sciences or engineering required. Strong preference for degrees in Materials Engineering or Science; Chemistry; Physics and/or Chemical Engineering.
- 5+ years previous consulting experience strongly preferred. Industry with project and client management experience desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and internal communication skills
- Flexible with work hours, able to travel and able to work on evenings and weekends as needed
- Excellent time, project, and team management skills; ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen, analytical thinking skills, dedicated work ethic, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, problem solve, adapt, and learn are all required
- Loves thinking, speaking, doing technology!
- Strong demonstrated background and experience in physical science and technology; advanced degree and/or MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated team contribution and leadership in a consulting environment.
- Local to or in the process of relocating to the Boston metro area
- Authorization to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law. Lux Research participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.