Human-Machine Interaction – Research Associate (Boston)
Whether through the touchscreen and display on a smartphone, driving a semi- to fully-autonomous vehicle, or an augmented reality future, the relationship between a human and their electronics devices drives how people experience their worlds. Lux Research helps clients navigate the complex web of innovations looking to impact the future of human-machine interaction and markets affected by them with a firm understanding of the underlying technologies. Clients include multi-national corporations in electronics, automotive, consumer goods, and diversified industrials in addition to investor and government groups.
Research Associates spend their time speaking with innovative technology developers and clients, attending and speaking at conferences, and analyzing their findings to aid clients’ business decisions. A Lux Research Associate will be exposed to a wide range of technologies, speak with industry leaders, form industry-shaping viewpoints, engage with clients, travel globally, and collaborate with a dynamic and diverse team. A Research Associate will be exposed to a wide range of technologies including robotics, displays, voice controls, autonomous vehicles, AR/VR, and drones.
- Work with a geographically diverse team to develop and test research hypotheses and prepare findings for clients.
- Conduct primary interviews with senior-level executives at large corporations, technology start-ups, and other organizations.
- Perform thorough analysis of the technical value and business executions for emerging technology companies.
- Author descriptive documents that profile the activities of start-up companies, large corporations, and research laboratories.
- Develop a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies.
- Assist with the production of research reports and other client deliverables.
- A strong record of academic achievement. Bachelor’s degree required in physical or information sciences; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Background or experience in one or more of the following: electrical engineering, material science, physics, computer science, mechanical engineering, or chemical engineering.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies and passion for discussing them with internal colleagues and external clients on a daily basis.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics, and desire to refine presentation and public speaking skills to present on such topics to executive audiences.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must; other foreign language skills are also desirable.
- Excellent office software skills (Excel proficiency required) and ability to touch type.
- We are seeking local candidates immediately available for full-time work. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
- This is an entry-level opening which is not appropriate for Ph.D.’s or post-docs.
About Lux Research
Lux Research is a leading provider of intelligence services, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make better, informed decisions today to ensure future success. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux is uniquely positioned with technical expertise in addition to business insights, augmented by advanced analytics.
Analysis you trust. Opinions you rely on. Make better decisions, faster. For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.