Lux Research is seeking a qualified Account Development Representative to help us secure new business relationships and drive expansion within our current customer base. Account Development Reps will actively work together with account managers to find new business opportunities within their portfolio of customers and position Lux Research as a trusted advisor that can help solve complex technology business issues.
- Work closely together with a team of account managers and customer success managers to understand their customers, their strategic priorities, their history with Lux, their challenges and how we help them
- Help account managers map their customers by understanding the structure of the organization, understand which teams we are working with and who we aren’t working with yet
- Use tools like LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo and LeadIQ to understand which senior leaders we can target within these accounts to gauge their interest in exploring Lux
- Build relationships with prospects through demonstration of in-depth client knowledge, understanding of specific client needs/priorities and application of surface-level research solutions
- Create a mix of messaging (email, phone, LinkedIn, video) to reach out to prospects and qualify their interest in speaking further with lux
- Educate prospects on the benefits of Lux Research products and services through compelling articulation of our business model and value proposition
- Create customized territory targeting activities to build pipeline of sufficient size and quality to achieve new logo acquisition targets
- Evaluate prospects' business needs and present appropriate mix of Lux Research products
- Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in sales cycle
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years demonstrated sales success. Selling professional services is critical. Experience selling research & consulting services is a major plus
- Intangible sales (B2B) experience is essential
- Strong ability to create compelling email/LinkedIn messaging, cold call and build new business pipelines
- Ability to build credibility quickly to get past gate-keepers
- Ability to communicate with, influence, and convince C-level executives
- Ability to meet personal and team monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals
- Ability to diagnose prospect needs and identify relevant resources
- Successfully having worked at a start-up or a Fortune 500 company is a major plus
- High cognitive skills; ability to think on your feet
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, entrepreneurial environment
- A good sense of humor is a major plus
Lux Research is a leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux uniquely combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.
Analysis you trust. Opinions you rely on. Make better decisions, faster. For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.