Lux Research is seeking an experienced, curious, and ambitious innovation strategy consultant to join our growing team as a Consultant in the Energy Group. Lux Consultants conduct research and analyze technology, physical sciences, and markets to provide product, go-to-market, and partner selection recommendations custom-tailored to our client’s specific objectives. Our IP and expertise span energy sciences, materials and manufacturing sciences, and agrifood sciences as applied in various industries across the globe.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the successful applicant to contribute to a global, dynamic consulting team and lead 3-4 person engagement teams on fascinating client challenges at the cutting edge of innovation. In addition to being a core contributor on client projects, our consultants develop expertise in Lux Research’s tools and methodologies and develop and enhance essential subject matter expertise.
Consultants play a significant role at Lux, helping to retain and grow existing clients, develop new clients, manage and guide subject matter experts, help execute tactical and strategic plans, and build a valuable personal brand and career!
- The position is located in Singapore, reporting to the Managing Director of Consulting, Energy
- Interfaces with Sales, internal subject matter experts, customer success managers, and fellow consultants to bring in new projects
- Demonstrates own subject matter expertise pursues independent research activities, and directs/coaches younger team members
- Project owner for technology landscapes, market opportunity assessments, market forecasts, technology roadmaps, techno-economic due diligence, and other types of technology strategy work
- Project leader from end-to-end:
- Writes the proposal (including all scoping calls once the opportunity is qualified and approved to scope)
- Manages and executes the project in a 3-4 person team, involving data analysis, conducting primary and secondary research with executives, researchers, and thought leaders, coordinating internal brainstorms and working sessions, building frameworks, assessing market impact, building interim and final deliverables, and being the main point of client contact
- Project manages the project (writes the project plan, creates the timeline, keeps the team on schedule, guides research and analysis, and brings a team together to form implications and recommendations for the client)
- Leads the final deliverable presentation to the client
- Responsible for the gross profitability of the project
- Secures and supervises internal SME resources (via group director) for the duration of the project
- Develops a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies and with clientele
- Builds relationships with C-suite of Innovation 1000 corporations
- Helps develop Group-level strategy in collaboration with Managing Director and Group Director
- Approximately 10-20% of travel
- Master’s degree or higher in science or an engineering discipline is required
- 5+ years prior consulting experience in energy is required
- Demonstrated team contribution and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English
- Amazing time, project, and team management skills; ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen, analytical thinking skills, dedicated work ethic, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, problem-solve, adapt, and learn are all required
- Thrives in a team environment and truly mines the Lux networks and collective IP to put forth the best possible solutions for our clients
- Curiosity is a must! Teamwork is essential
- Language skills in Japanese, Korean, German, Spanish, or French are a plus.
More About Lux Research:
Lux Research is a leading provider of tech-enabled research and advisory solutions, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux uniquely combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.
For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law. Lux Research participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.