Lux Research is a leading provider of intelligence services, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make better, informed decisions today to ensure future success. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux is uniquely positioned with technical expertise in addition to business insights, augmented by advanced analytics.
Lux Research seeks a Director of Research Operations to help us streamline content planning, operations, and reporting to enhance efficiency and improve customer experiences, increase profitability, and support revenue growth. Reporting to the SVP of Research, Product, and Operations, you will support a variety of projects and initiatives to help Lux transition from a more traditional market research and advisory firm to a tech-enabled data, tools, and insights information services provider.
- Analyze, develop, implement, and maintain efficient workflows to improve research processes and minimize operational risks.
- Measure and report adherence to content plans including supporting research quarterly business reviews.
- Create and deliver reporting on key metrics across research areas such as content readership, client engagement, analyst time usage, client satisfaction metrics, etc.
- Manage planning and project management of major research initiatives.
- Help implement quality controls including measurement of research quality via peer and client feedback.
- Ensure consistent understanding and adoption of standard methodologies/tools by research organization (forecasting, market mapping, etc.).
- Manage external research contracts, subscriptions, and relationships.
- Partner with research leaders globally to identity opportunities to improve processes, increase client value, and embed Lux into client workflows.
- Five or more years of post-college work experience, with a background or experience in project management or operational roles within market research, advisory, consulting, or information services businesses.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies; especially related to agrifood, digital, energy, materials, or mobility.
- Willingness to go the extra mile, often with high levels of autonomy, to meet internal and external analyst and client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Great communication and organizational skills are essential, including the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative workplace
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
What would set you apart:
- A degree in a science or engineering field.
- Previous experience in a dynamic SaaS or information services startup environment.
- Experience working and collaborating with global/remote teams across locations to drive influence and successful outcomes.
- Fluency in other languages such as Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, French, German, or Spanish.