Consumer’s engagement with physical products and ecosystems is changing rapidly due to new data sources, devices, and ever evolving expectations. Lux Research is seeking candidates to research the future of the Consumer IoT, in areas including wearable devices, smart home, and connected vehicles, to help clients grow their businesses. Clients include multi-national energy, electronics, materials, and consumer goods companies in addition to investor, academic, and government groups.
Analysts spend their time speaking with innovative technology developers and clients, attending and speaking at conferences, and analyzing their findings to help clients make informed decisions. A Consumer IoT analyst will be exposed to a wide range of technologies including predictive maintenance platforms, wireless communication technologies, and analytics solutions to develop research like technology roadmaps, market sizes, and supply chain dynamics.
The Analyst in this role will:
- Be recognized as a leading expert on the progress and impact of IoT innovations including sensors, consumer IoT ecosystems, embedded systems, IoT application enablement, IoT devices, connectivity, and others.
- Bring and further build an exceptional network of contacts active in emerging IoT technologies.
- Be skilled at visualizing the impact and assessing the market potential of innovative new technologies and business models.
- Be well-versed in crafting corporate strategy for managing emerging technologies and their implications.
- Grasp the impact of policy, subsidies, and other regulatory factors on technology adoption and impact.
- Develop new concepts, big ideas, and analytical frameworks to help clients and colleagues understand the shifting IoT landscape and the business opportunities it creates.
- Work with a geographically diverse team to develop and test research hypotheses and prepare findings for clients.
- Conduct primary interviews with senior-level executives at large corporations, technology start-ups, and other organizations.
- Conduct secondary research drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press, academic publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
- Produce written research reports, including creative visual depictions of data and ideas.
- Understand client business needs to develop and deliver high-value research.
- Help develop and launch new client service offerings.
- Develop a network of contacts and relationships among business and scientific leaders in emerging technologies.
- Coach, mentor, and manage research team members, assisting with team members’ professional development.
- Minimum two years work or postgraduate experience with a background or experience in one or more of the following: computer science, materials science, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or biomedical engineering.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies, especially in Industrial IoT; including data acquisition, analytics, platforms, hardware, and components.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative.
- A strong record of academic achievement. Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree or Ph.D. is a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean is a plus; Western European or Middle Eastern language skills are also desirable.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law. Lux Research participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.